We are all used to wonder how to get kids interested in eating vegetables. It is an eternal torment for every parent, because, let's be realistic, vegetables do not have any taste. Unless it is prepared in the right way. When you think about it, children will often put colorful things in their mouths, like Lego bricks and the like. Does this also affect food choices? Yep!
Children are picky, and it’s easier to give them fast food than to struggle with them all day and night. You will avoid tears and tears if you simply serve them a piece of pizza or french fries. On the other hand, of course, you won’t let them have junk food 7 days a week. No way. That is why today we share with you a small set of tricks and tips that will defeat even a picky child. Colorful snacks, sweet motifs, ultra-cool toothpicks ... we even envy the children who will eat these delicacies.
How to add veggies into every meal
- If you have spaghetti for lunch, you can make vegan zucchini noodles instead of pasta. This trick will work perfectly because after all, there is a sauce to save the day. Also, put minced meat, onions, garlic, carrots, and celery in the sauce, and cook the vegetables well so that the little one doesn't even taste them.
- Let the children choose the vegetables they want to eat on their own. For example, you have pizza for dinner. Seat the children in front of the table and make a small contest. Have each child choose 3 of the 5 ingredients you have prepared. Eat pizzas together and choose the best one. The winner gets one candy or something similar.
- Make them a sandwich for the trip. If you add the right spices, your child won’t even know he’s only eating vegetables. And the secret is in the cream cheese. Spread the pastry with cheese, add roasted zucchini, peppers, and whatever you feel like. Stick small toothpicks with a fun motif on top of the sandwich, add a napkin and you're done.
- Changing the presentation of vegetables can make a big difference. Instead of serving carrots in rings, prefer to cut out shapes like hearts or stars. Molds could help you with that.
- Keep trying! Test what your kids like. Maybe it's grilled vegetables, cooked, spicy, less spicy, raw, ... There are countless ideas.
- If you don’t have time for any of this, or would just like to try something new, we have an idea for that as well. Energize Pack is a combination of two juices; No.01 Green Juice and No.02 Red Juice. The ingredients in these juices are spinach, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, ginger, kale, parsley, and more!
How to add fruit into every meal
- Always leave a bowl of fruit near children. Grapes, apples, bananas, and nectarines are colorful and delicious. We’ve already talked about how kids love to eat colorfully, so this bowl will appeal to them first when there’s nothing sweet!
- Add finely chopped fruits like blueberries and raspberries to your child's morning cereal. It would go well with yogurt and granola. It is important to examine the terrain, to see how the child behaves at this type of breakfast. Do not immediately put a handful of fruit. Introduce it little by little.
- If they go to the playground or school, make them a small fruit salad! Your kid can share this with friends, so the rest of your parents will be grateful too. Slice a pineapple, apple, grape, banana and sprinkle with blueberries or raspberries. Drizzle with a few drops of agave syrup and voila!
- If you have no idea what to do for dessert, cut thin slices of apple and put them on baking paper. Coat with a mixture of cinnamon and a little vanilla sugar. Kids will adore these sweet apple chips. But also adults, shh!
- Low-calorie Blueberry Muffins can also be served as a dessert! Don’t add sugar but add some more blueberries. Kids will love this dessert. If you want, add a little vegetable, non-fat whipped cream on the top. There’s no way not to eat everything right away!
- Of course, there are days when children will not want what you give them. But there is one thing he will always grab without question. It's juice! No.08 Zen Orange will give your child the required dose of vitamin C. And on days when the child has no energy, give him B12 Energy Shot, a juice that will improve mood and energy. Maybe you need something like that too?