Who doesn’t love pizza? But most of us feel guilty after eating a large one. Wouldn't it be nice to eat it without guilt and feeling bloated after? For me, a dream meal would be a pizza that doesn’t make me fat. And some dreams do come true. In this article, I will show you a few alternative recipes for low-carb protein pizza.
CHICKEN PIZZA CRUST
Yes, you read it right. Chicken Crust Pizza is a pizza crust made out of ground chicken! A low-carb pizza crust that is so easy to make with only 2 ingredients and ready in about 30 minutes.
One serving of chicken crust pizza normally contains 380 calories, 25 grams of fat, 51 grams of protein, and only 1 gram of carbs. And it’s very very tasty.
- 400gr chicken breast (if you have a food processor, you can buy the whole breast, if not, ask the butcher to ground it for you).
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste, herbs and garlic
- Get that oven going, pre-heat it at 200ºC
- Now prepare the crust: mix thoroughly the ground chicken with the eggs and your chosen spices and herbs. We also like to add garlic!
- Get a piece of parchment paper and spread the mix well, the secret is to make it thin! Make sure it’s more or less 1cm
- Now get that in the oven… without toppings! Let it bake for about 15 minutes or until the crust is cooked thoroughly and has dried a bit
- Get the crust out, add your toppings and back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes!
- Remove, cool a bit, slice and enjoy!
Making the pizza base with this recipe allows you to even freeze it. Simply wait until the pizza cools down completely, place it in the pan sheet for 30 min. After 30 min take it out and wrap it in plastic. Place it back in the freezer. You can leave the pizza in the freezer for up to 3 months. Amazing!
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
Now, we know that not everybody likes cauliflower. But this alternative low-carb pizza recipe will definitely change your mind.
With only 56 calories, 4 grams of protein, and 4 grams of carbs per serving, cauliflower crust pizza is also full of vitamins.
Vitamins K is vital for bone metabolism and blood clotting. Vitamin C helps with the cold. Improves your eyesight and high blood pressure.
Cauliflower also helps your body detox. For more information on detox and cleanse, check our article below:
- Cauliflower: Get a big head of cauliflower
- Egg: Which will hold the cauliflower pizza dough together.
- Cheese: This is optional but definitely extremely tasty. It will also help bind the cauliflower pieces together as it melts, so it’s a win-win situation.
- Spices: Simply dried herbs like oregano, basil, or Italian mix plus salt and pepper to add flavor to the crust. Cauliflower itself is pretty bland I must say!
- Get the oven going! Preheat it at 210º
- Your food processor will now enjoy the company of the cauliflower florets! Let it become as tiny as rice or thinner. Now put it in a microwave-safe container and microwave it until soft. It may take up to 6 minutes depending on your microwave
- Now spread it on a dry kitchen towel and let it cool down! Just enough to handle without burning your hands.
- Wrap the cauliflower in that same kitchen towel and wring out all the moisture you can get. If necessary, transfer to another dry towel during the process.
- Now mix with the spices and herbs, add the egg and the cheese. Mix well until fully combined.
- Spread on a baking sheet, make it thin and bake for about 10-15 minutes (until golden). Yes, without any toppings! Just like the chicken crust above.
- Once golden, now you can add your favorite toppings and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let it cool a bit, slice and serve!
Sounds simple enough? And trust us, it is very tasty too. Same as chicken crust pizza, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
So there is it! Some amazing alternative low-carb protein pizza recipes. So you can enjoy your pizza and don’t feel like you need to hit the gym for 3 hours to burn it all out.