· By Nicole Addison
What is B12 and Why Do I Need It?
You may have seen our new B12 shots and know they are a great caffeine-free energy boost or that they make the perfect pick-me up for a long day... but what really is B12, why do we need it and how does it work?
We're about to answer your important questions!
What does B12 do?
- It is crucial to the manufacturing of DNA and RNA (aka our bodies building blocks)
- Helps in the formation of red blood cells (energy boosting!)
- Promotes neurological functions such as: helping you fight fatigue, promoting focus and helping to balance your mood!
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin, one that your body needs in order to complete everyday functions however is not able to make on it’s own. This means supplementation from either diet or fortified sources is required.
Where can I get it?
The good news is that it is naturally found in many animal products, including fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk and milk products. However this makes it tricky for vegetarians and vegans to ensure they are receiving enough.
Non-animal sources include:
- Some food products are fortified with vitamin B12 such as some breakfast cereals and nutritional yeasts. Check the product nutrition labels to see if a product is a good source of B12.
- Supplements such as vitamins and multivitamins.
Blue-green algae- what we use in our B12 shots- a unique source of vegan B12 that is sure to energize, invigorate, and bring clarity of mind.
And lucky for you, we offer our B12 shots in 6-pack boxes to help you bring that little boost of energy with you everywhere you go!
Time to refocus!