A meal plan for weight loss is essential.
Well planned meal prep makes it simpler for you to lose weight. Weight loss is hard on most of us just as it is. So we are here to help you with simple ways to get to your goal.
The most important thing to know - keep it simple.
What is Meal planning?
We are all different and like different food. Meal planning is organizing at least some of your food ahead of time. So it’s important to create a plan that suits you the best.
To execute a good meal plan for weight loss, you need to make some preparations.
Another important thing to do is to make a weekly grocery list. It will help you make fewer shopping trips. Think about your schedule. Ask yourself - what would I like to have for dinner? But for the whole week.
Meal Plan for Weight loss: Nutrition
When it comes to weight loss, it’s simple. You have to eat fewer calories than you burn. It sounds simple, right?
However, not all food has the same nutrient values. A good meal plan for weight loss allows you to eat more healthy food, with fewer calories. This way you will not starve yourself, and your body will function normally.
Food high in fiber and protein will keep you fuller. Also, they will reduce your cravings, help you be satisfied for a long period of time.
Food that is high in high-quality protein like lean chicken and eggs will give you enough nutrients to go through your day. They contain fewer calories so your body will have fewer calories to burn.
Vegetables are a great source of high-quality nutrients. They are rich in vitamins, calcium, and magnesium. Fruits are another great source of protein and fiber. They also contain natural sugar, water, and energy. Most fruits contain less than 1 gram of fat per 100 grams.
Some of the high-quality foods you can add to your meals:
- Salmon - full with high-quality animal protein and ample vitamins and minerals. Also 100 grams contans 2.8 grams of omega-3s, that lowers inflammation and and improves lung function.
- Kale - very good source of vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Vitamin B6. Also contains minerals, fiber, antioxidants, and various bioactive compounds.
- Potatoes - provides a good amount of vital minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese. Also with potassium that are essential for enzyme, protein, and carbohydrate metabolism
- Dark chocolate -rich in minerals, such as iron, magnesium, and zinc
- Garlic - garlic is incredibly nutritious. One clove (3 grams) of raw garlic contains manganese, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C
- Shellfish - mportant vitamins and minerals, as well as varying amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. provide high-quality protein and an array of important vitamins and minerals
- Liver - one of the best sources of vitamins. Contains vitamins like Vitamin B12, Vitamin A.
- Lean Chicken - one serving contains 25 grams of protein, but it's low on fat.
Try to avoid food that is high in calories but low in nutrients. Highly processed food high in added sugar and sodium will make your quest for weight loss harder.
How to Get Started
As we said before, the key is preparation. Make a weekly list of food. Have fun while doing it. For example: Rice Monday, Soup Tuesday, Thai Wednesday, etc.
Try not to put a lot of pressure on yourself. Worrying too much increases your stress levels. And in doing so, you might end up “eating your feeling”. You have to enjoy the process. If you create a good meal plan for weight loss and follow it, we have no doubt that results will come.